- Purchase your fireworks from a reliable source
- Always read and follow the label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose or bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 15 to 20 minutes then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and then disposing of them in your trashcan.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection and never have any part of their body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.
Fire Metre – NO DAY BURNING PERMITTED
Day Burning Permits
No person shall ignite an open fire, other than a small fire for cooking or warmth, from two hours after sunrise until two hours before sunset during the period from April 1 to October 31, which is the Fire Season.
Please call 613-332-2442 for more information.